The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday August 14, 2014 at 21:55
SysIntegration
Advanced Member
December 2013
On August 14, 2014 at 01:39, Ernie Gilman said...
I came here just now to ask if someone could PLEASE do exactly what SysIntegration did. I have gone through discovering that process three or four times over the last ten years but I was so beat by the end that I realized I had just completed the job without taking notes. I said screw it and moved on. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Agreed.

Great! I also carry a Pronto TS1000 all the time in case I have to learn commands. I agree that it is the best learner I've seen except for the Crestron.

...and without the details I won't be able to use it.

Regarding Steps 0 through 9, the details you leave out are the details that make it possible to do. I have a Pronto and a laptop. You know the models of various brands of things that will work; I have to do the work you already did, researching, trying, eliminating due to possible failure, the various models of various brands.... sorry, but in a nutshell, screw that.

What is it about a Pronto that makes it not suitable capturing hardware?

Sounds like you just said that the Pronto is suitable sending hardware.

What's the form of the table? I ultimately want Pronto Hex so I can paste it into an RTI file or use URC's Universal Browser to import it into URC. Anything short of Pronto hex... what's that good for?

I will. Thank you very much!

One bug is that you're not charging $25 and providing actual step by step instructions with full details. I'd pay that in a heartbeat.

Thanks so much for doing all you've done in this direction. I'll use SysIntegration's method until there's another one as well detailed.

I've tried the Barf Method, but I find myself going back to my method. IRS is an excellent program. It's my go to for anything IR related like my IR Library Manager is my Go to for hex storage. (hopefully my db will be pushed out in the next mega code update).

I guess I really don't trust any of the other learners. They have all failed me or just not learned properly for me. Especially the iTach garbage. I'm sorry, but if I have to use that stuff, I should at least be paid for my beta testing.

I used this method to try to find some of the recent sharp discretes, until someone in the BlueBox asked me to leave because BB "doesn't allow people to play with their TVs." I wonder what he had said if I fired the service mode discrete to their wall of Sharps. Ha!
0101001101111001011100110100100101101110011101000110010101100111011100100110000101110100011010010110111101101110

Hosting Services by ipHouse