The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday August 14, 2014 at 19:59
Tkarns24
Long Time Member
August 2010
First off this is a long term (12 months ) projects at the most . We just got our new home and I am ready to automate. I want to do as much as I can myself, I am a novice but did manage to set up a urc 3000 with no issues. I learn quickly and at times somewhat enjoy this stuff. I am working on a budget of about $6k for everything done. I think I will use Zwave and Insteon as my system . Here is what I want to do.
• Lights

• Fans
• control lawn sprinkler system
• turn on and control ac
• outdoor camera
• 6 zones audio/video
• Alarm system
• VPN Access
• Voice control
• Garage door

• Pool System

curtains

Touch panels

The system has to be with Wife friendly and secure. I have done some research and come up empty handed on this, but I would like to maybe have a system that is not networked based if possible( Security reasons), I just can't find any info on these systems.
If I have to settle for an Networked/ IP based system what would you guys recommend? And how secure can they be?
What are some of hardware I will be needing? I have some written down ,but I am sure I am missing a lot ( light switch, fans Controllers).
I would like to keep power usage on all equipment as low as possible.Can that be done?
What DIY software is best recommended?

I really appreciate all the help that you guys give . Will use green font to update original thread, so that all can see the different things taking place.. Wish me luck

Hosting Services by ipHouse