The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday August 12, 2014 at 22:06
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On August 12, 2014 at 17:14, SysIntegration said...
I once was on another forum asking tons and tons of questions and I finally got two responses: (1) Go to training (2) Read a book about it.

I got that, too.

The MX3000 and the MX980 are NOT HID devices. They are using a different driver to interact with the OS. This is where WMDC comes in. That's why it pops up. Go ahead and close that window and try downloading. I am sure you will post about how it failed.

This is where it starts to get strange. I didn't do a thing with the window, and after it popped up a couple of times, there was a check mark at the bottom left saying "connected." Looking at it again, I probably clicked "Connect without setting up your device."

In the mean time, you can probably write some script or dig into your Windows setup to stop that Window from popping up on top. Mine doesn't.

Lucky you. It stops what I'm doing. I often look at the keyboard when typing, and as soon as the window pops up, my keystrokes have no effect. So every time I have to minimize or kill the window, then work out where I was. Irritating and unnecessary.

I actually like having the sound. It lets me know the device has connected and been recognized by my OS.

My computer sound is off so that's no problem. Sound only wouldn't be a problem anyway. In fact, the remote makes a kind of stuttering buzz -- that's not from the computer.

You don't have to do anything with WMDC.

Interesting. Braden says you have to use it... but it seems "use it" means one time click on Connectwithoutsettingup, then repeatedlyeternally minimize the window.

I can't believe that you waste people's time with these silly questions, but somehow claim that a quick beep from your OS when your remote connects "takes time and attention." Ignore the window, recognize the beep, press download.

I don't know who you are, but I cannot ignore something that comes up on top when I'm typing and stops keyboard input. Time after time it gets irritating. And you obviously are not noticing that I'm saying that, because you describe it as "a quick beep," when I've said more than once that A WINDOW COMES UP. I guess maybe this is the first time I've said it stops whatever I'm doing until I minimize it, but it AIN'T JUST A BEEP. IT'S THE BRAKES FULL ON.

Curious: how do you do in a non-sterile environment where you have to work and program?
Just fine. I did a trip out of the country for five weeks where only the six to nine of us actually spoke English; there was actual speaking in another language plus dealing with Pidgin English, and the most fun times were when six things were happening at the same time. Here the problem is that I'm trying to do one thing and I keep getting interrupted.

Finally: Have you been to URC training? Have you signed onto the Control Room? I read how you felt like you got ostracized there, but I have to be honest, you ask questions like someone who is not an authorized dealer. You are honestly asking the caliber of questions like someone who got a hold of the software and are trying to push their way through it.

My last training was with Braden, and it was more than a year ago. It ended with "so we didn't cover everything but you get the basic
What is your screen name on the Control Room Ernie?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse