The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday August 10, 2014 at 10:29
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On July 8, 2014 at 15:44, theoren_1 said...
Hi folks. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using Windows Media Center/the Zap2it guide listings (WMC downloads its guide data from Zap2it, apparently).

Here's my dilemma: I'm currently using an antenna with Windows Media Center, set up with a zip code for Youngstown, NY (14174)... I notice that the guide provided for Youngstown doesn't include the following channels from Rochester, NY:

WXXIDT - Ch 21.1
WXXIDT2 - Ch 21.2
WXXIDT3 - Ch 21.3

WUHFDT - Ch 31.1

The problem is, I can actually receive those channels pretty consistently when I attach my antenna directly to a regular TV. Unfortunately, because they aren't listed on the Zap2it guide for Youngstown, I can't get Windows Media Center to receive them. I've also tried using the manual "Add channel" function in WMC in every way imaginable, but with no luck.

I've sent an email to Zap2it requesting that they add those channels to their Youngstown listings. Beyond that, does anyone have any advice? Has anyone put in a request to Zap2it before? Is there anything else I can do?

I don't use WMC, but I did that a long time ago from the website. If I remember correctly it was an e-mail with my postal code, type (antenna) and the info on the channel I wanted them to add.

Hosting Services by ipHouse