The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Saturday August 9, 2014 at 14:20
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On July 29, 2014 at 03:22, Mac Burks (39) said...
Licensing the guns is not so that you can get a plate number when its flashed at the convenience store. It's so that when a criminal is arrested with a gun that they don't own, you can find out who they got it from and arrest them for supplying the criminal with a firearm.

not only that but

1) it would mean that people will need to be more responsible (i.e. right now if someone's gun is stolen or lost they don't need to do anything (report it), but if the gun is registered in your name you will want to tell the police just in case it shows up later in a crime.

2) there is also the side benefit, owning an unregistered weapon would be a crime in and of itself. So imagine a scenario where a gang banger gets stopped for something trivial and he has an unregistered gun on him, now there will be legal consequences applied to that as well.

At least in Illinois...buying and selling a car without transferring the title is illegal.

same here. Even if the car is sold to the junk yard for scrap. The funny thing is that it is true even if there is no car to be sold (when my dads car got stolen he had transfer the papers to the insurance company before they gave him the money just in case the cops eventually found the car)

my guess the same must be true everywhere cars are registered, otherwise the registration is meaningless.

Hosting Services by ipHouse