The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Tuesday July 29, 2014 at 03:11
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On July 9, 2014 at 21:40, Richie Rich said...
Also, the car analogy is invalid.
No license/registration is required to own a motor vehicle.

Not true.

One can buy/sell cars at will sans government oversight.
It is only when vehicles are operated on public streets is when licensing/registration comes into play.

In Illinois the title of the vehicle must be transferred when it is sold. I can't speak for the rest of the country but if you purchase a car here you must transfer the title to yourself or you are breaking the law. Want to know why that is? It's because Illinois want's to know who owns the car.

I could go on Craigslist right now and buy a car for cash, no waiting period, no background check, no ID needed.

But you can't legally own it until the title has been transferred and you can't drive it until its licensed and insured.

Also, my copy of the Constitution does not have the amendment that outlines the "right to keep and drive cars".

It also doesn't mention the use of the internet. This is why its pretty silly to look back at a several hundred year old document every time a new issue presents itself.

Does have something about arms and infringement though.

It was written before tanks and stealth bombers existed. Not exactly relevant today.

There are a myriad of reasons why places like Chicago are as violent as they are. Longstanding social issues that could have entire threads dedicated to them.
Guns or the lack thereof is not the root cause.

Violence typically exists because of poverty/jealousy etc. Dates back to the beginning of time and obviously Chicago doesn't own the rights to it. The difference between violence with a gun and without a gun is that with a gun it typically ends in death from a gun shot wound. Without a gun its a guy getting stitches from a puncture would caused by a knife or a guy putting a bag of frozen vegetables on his shiner because he lost the fight.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse