Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday July 24, 2014 at 17:58
MNTommyBoy
November 2010
On July 24, 2014 at 12:16, Ernie Gilman said...
?? The brand name is in the title and the model number is in the first post. And it's an issue with the TV. I don't understand your comment.

My point is are there other things hooked up that could be causing the issue? HDMI, cables, sources, receivers, what? If there is nothing else hooked up to the TV, then we have found the answer to the no picture question.

That implies infinite available funds and no use of judgment, so I'd want to be sure I had valid reasons for junking it. I've found that the concept "it's time," without other reasons, not to be a successful decision-making strategy.

Seeing as how one could buy a new or used 60" led for well under a grand, I wouldn't call that infinite funds. I also say what is your time worth? Troubleshooting + bulb + install + more troubleshooting = ~$1000? Getting close... If you dropped the transmission on a 2000 Cavalier, as a bad example, would you fix it, or replace it?

I thought you were referring to some problems Julie had talked about with a similar Mitsubishi TV, as I thought I remembered her mentioning that in some articles or posts, but she told me this morning she never had any such problem and as far as she knows the first one from 1994 is still going strong.

I thought she had issues with an old dlp as well.
"There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens." ~MacGruber

Hosting Services by ipHouse