The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday July 18, 2014 at 02:18
johnB107
Lurking Member
July 2014
I recently purchased a TV from a estate/garage sale. The TV is a samsung 60" LED and it came with a remote control. The remote was a URC MX-780 and does not controll the TV for some reason. At the time i knew nothing about URC but the remote was cool with the LCD screen. Once home i tried to program the remote with no luck. So i started to do some research and found that this remote needs software to program it. I contacted URC and was told that the software was only available to dealers. I then contacted my local vendor who is about 50 miles away. I was told tough luck unless i pay for them to come and program it for me but i would not be given software even though they can give out software. I would love to learn more about URC and the programming needed but i dont have the luxury of attending classes at the moment. As an electrician i have installed Sonos systems and various other stereo/wifi setups. I would like to get the software to try and learn the URC setup. It could be something i can add to my "can do" things for customers. I know its available online somewhere and many of you will frown apon me acquiring it behind URC's back. I would like to have it just to maybe learn some and attempt my remote programming before i decide it may be something i can spend $$ to take classes to become an installer and add URC systems to my customer options. SO.. if someone can help me find the software needed for programming i would greatly appreciate it. It will be personal use only.
John Bronder

Hosting Services by ipHouse