The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Friday July 18, 2014 at 00:12
smashingly
Lurking Member
July 2014
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but @dabrams I was wondering, is there any difference in the IR codes transmitted, if your remote control is set to Celsius rather than Fahrenheit? I've been wondering how the Fujitsu remotes deal with this change. I can think of two broad possibilities:

1a) the remote converts Celcius to Fahrenheit and sends the same IR codes as in dabrams' document.

1b) the remote sends Celsius (as Fujitsu = Asia = natively use Celsius) and for people with a Fahrenheit remote, the remote converts internally the selected F value to Celsius in order to decide what IR code to send. (this *could* explain why the remote uses 2-Fahrenheit increments, because this is very roughly equivalent to 1 deg C increments (5/9ths to be precise).

2) The more "implement it properly" option: remote actually sends a different byte (maybe word 7 or word 8) for Celsius remotes than for Fahrenheit remotes.

Any thoughts? I have a celsius Fujitsu remote, but it's a AR-RY3, so I don't know if it even uses the same structure as dabrams' document. I'm quite keen to figure out (and importantly, share) the IR codes on Remote Central, so let me know what I can do to answer the question above. I'm using AnalysIR with an Arduino Uno to do the decoding.

cheers
Ash

Hosting Services by ipHouse