The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday June 30, 2014 at 18:57
SysIntegration
Advanced Member
December 2013
On June 30, 2014 at 15:34, lucaslima_ said...
I have the code for IR control, I want to edit it and create a discrete ... anyone know how?

It doesn't really work that way.

Here is a bit of a write up on A VERSION of trying to find discrete codes. The comments also suggest an alternative way using some of the same programs, but different hardware.

[Link: remotecentral.com]

Here's a little more info:

Hex format is simply the numeric visual representation of the Infrared signal on the computer.

hex codes and pronto hex codes generally mean the same thing. Pronto was really the first remote to give you the numeric visual representation way back in 1998. There are other versions of hex codes, but on this site, you will find pronto hex codes, basically hex codes in pronto format. This is good because basically everything out there (most remote control programs, automation software, and mobile remote apps) understands pronto hex codes.

Discrete codes have to do with a category of codes. For instance, if you pick up your TV remote at home, it probably has a big "power" button up top. We would refer to this as a "toggle" button or toggle power. It tells your TV to go into the opposite state it is currently in. So if it is off, and you press power, it goes on. Understand?

A discrete code will tell a device to go into a specific state, no matter what state it is currently in. So if I have a button labeled "on" like my receiver remote has, it will power on when I push it, whether it is on or off. Because the equipment is generally smart enough to know what state it itself is currently in, if it is on, it will ignore the on command. Does this make sense?

As a custom integrator, discrete codes are valuable because we need to be able to always know the state a device is in in order to properly automate it. Imagine I have a remote control code that opens curtains in from of a theater screen. What if I only had a button called "move curtains" (or something of the like), I would never know if the curtains were opening or closing, and my client would get angry at me because they had to fix it manually. A discrete code like "open curtains" and "close curtains" makes much more sense. However, not all devices have discrete codes, and not all devices accept discrete codes.
0101001101111001011100110100100101101110011101000110010101100111011100100110000101110100011010010110111101101110

Hosting Services by ipHouse