The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 65 made on Monday June 30, 2014 at 11:48
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 27, 2014 at 23:54, IRkiller said...
Wrong. F this. Let this info for all to see.

I completely agree.

I believe Bren has had many bad instances of snap product. Let us all know why. Maybe we'll learn?

I think it's okay to expose this. It's even better if the manufacturer responds.

And, why is everyone hiding manu names by saying s@@p or A@I? If some rogue electrician wants an ADI account, they're going to get one.

Yes, but if some idiot who will ruin our reputations by saying he is our peer doesn't know where to buy product, why would you want to tell him?

That flies in the face of the other idea, which is to out the problems. It's the old free press problem: if you let people say the truth, it will be very uncomfortable for some other people.

Just because someone can cut in a f'ing ceiling speaker, doesn't make 'em our peers.

But our peers aren't the problem -- the problem is that there are people out there who say they can do what we do; can't do it; and drag down the reputation of everyone else who says they can do what we do, which, please notice, includes us.

On June 29, 2014 at 00:42, bcf1963 said...
I think you misunderstand what Hipot testing is. Hipot looks to make sure that insulators in a product are properly insulating. Hipot would not see a missing ground connection to the chassis. The proper test for that is a continuity test.

Oops. Right. I just made the opposite of the mistake people make when there's an open and they call it a short. Or did I make exactly that mistake?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse