The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday June 30, 2014 at 02:20
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 29, 2014 at 21:10, burtont62 said...
Better sharpen up those google search skills you're falling behind.

http://www.excelforum.com/

Thanks. Would you be so kind as to tell me what you searched for? See, the link gets me to the front page of the forums, but I still have no idea what to call what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Brian, I have to agree with Mario's response, including his characterization of your response. And this evolved from pen and paper listing.

On June 30, 2014 at 01:01, Mario said...
I agree with you that the sheet most likely has at least one column that was selected with all rows for table for data formatting.

This brings up another subject: is there a way to tell how a particular cell has been formatted? I can't imagine how to tell if a column has been formatted in a particular way so that I can modify it.

It should be fairly simple task to highlight the actual table (38 rows) and copy/paste special into new sheet, provided that the file doesn't have protected sheets/workspace or special macros.

I've highlighted just the data, then copied and pasted to a different sheet in the same worksheet. That should have copied only the formatting etc in the data area but I ended up with a file 14000 lines high. There are no formulas and, again, I don't know how to get a cell to tell me if it's protected, etc.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse