The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday June 29, 2014 at 22:10
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 29, 2014 at 19:43, Ernie Gilman said...
In addition, all those cables together have a horribly reduced ability to bend inside an overall jacket, so you'd want to use, oh, say, 2" conduit! I've wondered how people run it around corners in houses.

It's odd that the spec sheet doesn't list minimum bending radius. I only looked at one item, though....

I agree that you can't depend on waterproof conduit to always stay dry. All underground wire should be able to withstand water.

Minimum bend radius rule of thumb is 4 times the diameter.

Re: around corners- you mean in stud walls? The easy way is to drill in about an inch, then change direction with a paddle bit or the self-boring bits with small diameter shank. Add nailing plates and it's pretty well protected.

This cable bends pretty well but the jacket is good for letting someone know when they're trying to bend it too tightly.

I used 2" conduit because I had no choice but to include several bends, although I used 45 degree where I could. I transitioned to smaller diameter parts at each end, so nobody will try to add more and screw up what's there, after I'm out of the picture or she moves out of the house.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse