The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday June 29, 2014 at 21:00
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
So... thanks, all of you, for being here and being knowledgeable.

I've downloaded an Excel template. It's for a grocery list, so we're now officially OT, but I can learn a lot from it if I can figure out what's going on.

It's nice -- It's got three headings and a total of fourteen categories. It doesn't show the grid lines outside of the range of wanted information, and that's okay. The entire file fits on one sheet of paper in portrait view. It's got 38 lines of data.

But when I open the file, the vertical scroll bar at the right is so tiny that it's useless. If I scroll all the way to the bottom, I see that I'm on line 14,372. How can I make the computer treat the 38 line file as though it's 38 lines high, not fourteen thousand?

With all those lines, the scroll bar is tiny and if I use it I basically scroll almost all the way through the data. It would become useful if the file was only 38 lines high.

Anyone know how to define file size to solve this problem? Or is there another solution?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse