Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday June 29, 2014 at 18:36
Audiophiliac
August 2006
On June 29, 2014 at 15:26, Hi-FiGuy said...
Could you expand on your streaming, if different than Netflix/vudu and your torrents process

Netflix/Hulu mostly. I have Roku and there are several channels with some stuff worth watching. NRA has a channel, PBS, a couple of live concert channels, etc.

As far as torrents of the F1 races go, there are 2 places I go to search for them on the day of the race. 50/50 which one has a proper torrent up first. I download them using Bittorrent and then currently, I move the Mac Mini to the TV and connect and watch. I want to get an AppleTV so I can just send it via airplay. I did try Plex but for some reason I cannot get Roku to see the server on the Mac. It works great from my windows machine. No time to figure that out yet. My next NAS upgrade will be to a beefier Synology unit that has the right processor to run a Plex server with transcoding. Then I can just send the files to the NAS, and play them from the Plex channel on Roku. I am sure there are more seamless ways to accomplish all this, but it works fine for me.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse