The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday June 29, 2014 at 15:34
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On June 28, 2014 at 16:54, Hi-FiGuy said...

Take this with a grain of salt since I don't live in your neighbourhood and things might be different there

1. Who do you prefer and why

tough question, for one it is not precise enough (internet, phone, TV...) and even if it is TV PQ/SQ are answered below but cable/sat/fios has a larger selection

I like a POT phone line over VOIP since POT won't be affected if there is no power if the internet is down.

I like fios for TV
Internet is less of an issue since it is all about the package but I have fios since I have it for the TV as well.

I think OTA needs to be part of any TV solution because of quality

2. Who has the best PQ

at least from my available choices
OTA> Fios> Sat> cable

and OTA should be higher everywhere. In the end the rest use the OTA signal (for OTA shows) and then compress it more so they can have more channels.

3. Who has the best SQ

more or less equal

4. Who has the fastest internet outside cable.

tough question since it will really depend on the package and the provider more than tech.

5. Who has good Cust Service. :)

nobody :)

6. Who has best DVR Multi-Channel recording options.

tough call.

for example

Fios has a multi-channel (more than 2 channels) multi-room (watch what is recorded in different rooms, start it in one and continue in other) recording, but the bad is that the number of HD feeds is more limited (play or watch) so you might be stuck recording or watching some shows in SD, also to watch a recorded show the internet must work.

Cable here now has some 2 tuner PVRs that can be daisy chained and accessed by the terminals from other TVs so if you want to be able to record 1 show while watching a show on that TV one PVR and terminals for the other TVs will do the job, but if you want to be able to record 3 shows you will need two PVRs and the rest could be less expensive terminals

OTA is a lot harder since unlike a BDU service you are not locked down to specific equipment and it is all over the place.

Hosting Services by ipHouse