The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday June 29, 2014 at 01:20
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 28, 2014 at 23:39, thecapnredfish said...
He also did not mention the brand of DA system. Perhaps it does have the capability to adjust sources. There is another post i believe you are involved with regarding a Marantz SR 5008 where the person is asking for similar help and in the manual is the info. I thought I might bring it up.

No, but he did give some information that has been ignored more than once in this discussion. He says he cannot adjust the volume of the digital sources, being iTunes (I think), XM Radio, and Internet radio. I don't know what good it will do specifically in this case to know the model of the equipment involved, unless to show the original poster that he's wrong. And maybe there's some value in that. Otherwise:

On June 28, 2014 at 11:55, Craig Aguiar-Winter said...
Within the multi-room system you can adjust the level of the analogue external sources (the cable box is maxed), but not the external network sources, other wise I would just turn them down a little.

Let's go back to that starting point, shall we? That's why I brought up numerous D to A converters as a possible suggestion but a bad idea economically.

I think we've pretty much answered the question by agreeing that Craig should try the little amp he proposes.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse