The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday June 28, 2014 at 21:17
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 28, 2014 at 20:06, highfigh said...
If you set it and can't hear a problem with the channel balance, it won't matter. If it becomes a problem, change it when you have a chance.

I tell people I'm a professional installer and I don't see anything wrong with whipping out my test telephone and, in three or so minutes, setting it better than nearly right.

On June 28, 2014 at 20:20, thecapnredfish said...
Ernie will love this. He most likely has a way to measure level of each channel with a super duper mobile phone appilizer.

Did you read what I wrote? I use a butt set, which is a telephone on a hook with a switch that in the telephone world, lets you monitor the phone line or in the audio world, listen to an audio signal. Nothing more complicated than that is needed.

And there are some, or use to be some decent level boostilizers from the 12 volt side I have used in the past.

Probably true, but I bet most of us who used to do car audio don't any more.

Is there not a way to turn down the inputs of the DA system inputs connected to the sources with more output?

The problem inputs, as explained in the first post, are the digital inputs to the system. They never exist as analog audio where volume trim is possible.

A mixer seems inappropriate because whatever adjusts the volume level must allow selection of only one component at a time. A $100 mixer won't let you remotely kill two channels of XM in favor of two channels of Internet radio. And, as said, those inputs are digital signals.

Craig, you were wise to ask about the cheap analog amp. Otherwise folks would have told you how you could spend a thousand dollars getting three D-A converters!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse