The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Wednesday June 11, 2014 at 21:43
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On June 11, 2014 at 21:21, Bonavox said...
Mr. Stanley is a conservative after all....hallelujah!!!

Actually I grew up in a super conservative (but not religious) Conservative Republican family. My dad was a bigot, and racist, hated Pres. Kennedy, hippies, artists, the Beatles, Jews, Democrats, beat-nicks, Hispanics, Intellectuals--- you name it.
So, I know all about the conservative side of things.
He loved Archie Bunker on all in the family.

We lived in a middle class neighborhood, and once this Black Dr. started building a nice new home down the street. My dad, started a petition to stop them from building---said they were using inferior materials and building practices.

Something changed with the old man though, and he became less of a bigot, because he loved Mohammad Ali so much, and he thought the Repubs went downhill with Nixon. He never really became a Democrat, but just lost interest in politics, especially after the Viet Nam war started and the news would show some pretty horrible video footage each night and do the nightly body-count of dead soldiers for the day. I and my brothers lost several friends and the whole thing was a stupid horrible waste. Pissed him off. Me too.

He moved up to the San Juan Islands with his dogs and pretty much distanced himself from people as much as possible.

...So yeah I guess i have conservative roots. Been there, done that myself.

...So yeah my roots are conservative...
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse