The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday June 9, 2014 at 09:31
nadime
Long Time Member
December 2006
> I am not sure why you don't just get an rfx-250 and plug it into the designed slot into the
> mrx-1 and add a new base station to your mx500 in CCP. I currently have one talking to 4
> different base stations (base stations that are also taking tcp/ip commands from the MRX-
> 10).

This doesn't solve my problem. My issue is not the MX5000 -- that will correctly communicate with all of the devices I need even without the second base station (the MRX-1) because there are 2 MRF-260s setup in all the places I need.

My problem is that I can't run more wires (well -- I can't easily anyway) to the center island of the room which has the TV on it. If I want the iPad to control the TV, then I need to control it through the MRF-260 on that island which only receives commands through RF. This works from the MX-5000 already without changing anything. The MRX-1 is in the A/V closet, not near the TV.

I could always buy a second MRX, but yes -- I am trying to avoid doing that (it doesn't seem like it should be necessary).

Hosting Services by ipHouse