The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Thursday June 5, 2014 at 17:20
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On June 5, 2014 at 15:45, 3PedalMINI said...
this

ONLY my commercial clients get net 15 or 30 terms since that is how they pay out. i learned the hardway early in the business that you need to have as much up front as possible.

I cannot fathom you guys offering terms to residential clients and why, your just asking for a situation like this. The only time ive extended terms to clients is when they have an accountant/book keeper for their property and run it like a "business" even then ive received checks within 10days,sometimes on the spot.

Leaving alot of money on the table after you leave just gives them a way to say "well we have it" and we have more money then the AV guy and it is highly doubtful he will sick a lawyer on us, and if they do my lawyer gets paid $600 an hour.

Up front on all components... You can battle it out over the labor - but cash on the barrelhead for the gear!

Used to work for a high end botique shop, that did custome. We extended terms and before we knew it we had over $500,000 in overdue account receivables! AND it was a BITCH to collect! Nightmare!
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse