The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 74 made on Saturday October 27, 2001 at 17:28
Robbo
Founding Member
October 2001
I purchased the "A" screen UG24U01WGHT3A online from EarthLCD ( [Link: earthlcd.com] ). $39+$20 for overnight FedEx ($5 for UPS Ground).

Notwithstanding the trouble some have had with the "A" screens and the disclaimer on the EarthLCD order page that says this is not the Pronto B screen, I decided to give it a try in my Pronto TS-1000.

I followed the step by step instructions I found at [Link: joey6p.com] (pix were helpful) and did the repair.

First time it didn't work-- I had vertical bars on the screen and no touch capability. I had to try twice more to reconnect the ribbon cable before I apparantly got it in correctly. This is probably the hardest part of the repair job.

The Pronto was working fine, but I noticed that my right hard button didn't have the same clicky feel as the left button. I realized that I had the ribbon cable sitting under the right hard button and pressing on the button would press through the cable. I reopened the pronto and "S" folded the ribbon cable so its no longer near the hard buttons and all seems well.

Probably took me about an hour (but only because I had the ribbon cable troubles) and ended up costing me about $80 -- $40+$20 shipping + $20 for the 6 piece Torx screwdriver set because the hardware store didn't have T6 drivers sold solo.

Still cheaper than a factory repair or refurb.

Hosting Services by ipHouse