The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday May 25, 2014 at 10:18
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
The first stereo shop I worked for was in a mall and one day, a blind man came in to buy a new receiver. The owner's nephew greeted him and when the man parked his dog at the door, the nephew told him to grab his wrist, so he could take hom to the receivers. As the rest of us watched, the owner said "The blind, leading the blind".

Another time, in the middle of a blizzard, we were thinking about closing early when I got a call from someone asking if someone could come over and hook up a stereo. I said "Sure, no problem- where do you live?". I regretted not asking as soon as he told me- it's a really bad area and I would never go there close to night time. I went and as soon as I saw the system, I recognized it as the one I had sold a couple of years before, and had been reported stolen by the original purchaser. For some reason, I could hear myself say "You know that system is hot, right?" and the guy looked at me a bit sideways before asking "You got a problem with that?". I said that it had already been paid by the insurance company and he asked how much it would cost. I told him "A hundred" and he was OK with that. As I connected it, he asked how I knew and I explained that it's the kind of system I would have assembled and since we were the biggest Sony/Jamo/Audio Technica dealer in the area, as well as the fact that I had the same model of turntable and cartridge, it was highly unlikely that it came from anywhere else.

I was happy to see that my car was intact.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse