Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 22, 2014 at 02:39
mahece28
Lurking Member
May 2014
Hi guys,
Im having a RFID reader which has RS232 DB9 cable. Software developer created a software in VB 6. When i read the tag, the tag ID will display on the software. They used RS232 USB serial converter for the testing purpose i.e. Connecting RFID's RS232 to this converter and connected to their PC. Finally software been created i tested the software using their RS232 USB serial converter(which is used for testing purpose by them). I have to tell one thing before. My tag id usually has 12 digit alpha numeric, but we required only 10 digit. Software developer has written code to truncate the two digit. It is working with converter which is used for testing purpose by them. When i testing with another RS232 USB serial converter, it is not working(not working means im getting 5 digits, 4 digits, sometimes with special characters, sometimes im getting correct 10 digit but not constantly). I tried with three other converter problem still remains. That particular RS232 USB serial converter is only working. The converter which they used by software developer is only working. What will be the problem? Why other converters is not working? Will each converter has different config?

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse