Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday May 18, 2014 at 12:14
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On May 18, 2014 at 11:48, Zohan said...
So, would it be accurate to say this system is comparable to a similar system of jbl control 28t's with crown cdi amp, in sound quality?
Differences would be the jbl would play louder but the james would be a smaller form factor?

Ehhhhhhh......These are slightly smoother, i really would say you can not compare the two. to say this system sounds fantastic is an understatement, even at higher volumes, but you can tell there is a limit to them (with all types of LS systems)

The control 28's paired with a sub will definitely beat them but your not comparing apples to apples. There are very few people that enjoy cranking the outdoor system, and that really isnt a point of any outdoor audio system as most people that are going to go for this type of system have an incredible back yard and will have more "sophisticated" parties.

These or any other LS system will never replace a well designed box speaker, subwoofers and 1000's of watts of power, but they can come damn close ;-)

Still to this day nothing has and probably will sound as good as the system i designed for a rather young guy around his pool. 12 control 28's off a cdi4000, and 4 sb210's fed off of 4 XTI 2 series amps. To say that system ROCKS is an understatement. He loved his rap and other questionable music at insane volumes (I heard he has some pretty insane parties) the control 28's are mounted on 4x4's and the subwoofers are mounted to 6x6 post's dug 3ft into the ground and concreted in. The landscape architect did an amazing job of hiding them within the landscape.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse