The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 46 made on Friday December 29, 2000 at 18:53
Jon Long
Historic Forum Post
Al:

Did you have to cut any openings in the battery compartment to get your 'L' screen to fit ? I understand you had to do a bit of cutting on the plastic screen bezel which holds the panel in to clear some caps.

How would you say the 'L' compares to the other screens ? Is it brighter with better contrast ? Does the contrast drift and need adjustment frequently ? What color is the backlight, aqua, or green ? Thanks for your answers.

I was still unsuccessful in getting the 'A' rev screen to work in my Pronto. I carefully did some surgery tonight and installed the 'A' screen again, being sure it was not being pinched on any of the surface mount components. Basically, I just didn't screw the thing back together again, and left everything in there loose so I could test the theory that the 'A' panel didn't work because of undue pressure on the L1 inductor and Cx bank of caps.

No go.. still the same vertical grey bars.. :-(

I am considering ordering one of the 'L' rev screens if you didn't have to cut the battery compartment, and if the improvement was worth it. Thanks!

- Jon

Hosting Services by ipHouse