Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday May 7, 2014 at 13:47
bcf1963
September 2004
On May 7, 2014 at 01:11, edizzle said...
Level3 provides bandwidth for NUMEROUS small FTTH providers, I know their business and executives well. You have no idea what you are talking about. Talk about master of spin!

I understand their model fully. It would not surprise me that their executives you know, have failed to fully make you understand the situation, as if you fully understood, it would weaken their case.

I have no love for Comcast, and the other broadband providers, and have no vested interest in other providers. The truth, is that Level 3 is getting paid to provide better access by many of their customers, and wants Comcast and the other providers to increase the ability of their datacenters to handle the traffic. Level 3 doesn't want to pay for doing this, and Comcast doesn't want to pay for this, just so Level 3 can have better bandwidth, so they can then charge a premium.

I think is seems wrong that Level 3 is getting paid for better bandwidth, yet doesn't want to pay other providers who help make that happen. This is not much different than Cable TV and Satellite providers, who have to pay over the air TV stations to carry their content, as they charge for that content. If the Sat and Cable providers didn't pay, they would get fined by the FCC. Here, Level 3 doesn't wish to pay to handle their bandwidth, and wants Comcast and other's to pay their bill for them.

I'm glad Comcast isn't paying. This increases Comcast's costs, and this is likely to roll downhill to me!

Hosting Services by ipHouse