Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 120 made on Sunday May 4, 2014 at 21:30
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On May 4, 2014 at 20:51, Fins said...
So you completely ignored the part about most of those teens live in homes earning over $70,000.

Every full time American should earn north of $50k. Those households that earn over $70k are making $30k less than they need to have a nice home, put their children through school etc.

$100k of household income (not counting the kids paychecks) is required if you expect families to be able to save and educate their children.

Those 24 year olds still live at home because our culture is getting worse and worse about a lack of maturity. In those golden 60's and 70's when the minimum wage was so wonderful, kids considered themselves adults around the age of 18 to 21. They got real jobs, learned to take care of their self. Now, surveys have shown kids don't consider themeselves adults until around 25 or 26. Parents keep them on their tab, bail them out without letting them face any repercussions, and coddle them until they close in on 30.

I don't disagree with the man-child sentiment but i think its got a little chicken-egg going on. The 24 year olds stay home because they cant afford to live on their own and mom treats them like they are still 5 years old. They can't all get real jobs because there aren't enough real jobs out there.

50 years ago an 18 year old could walk into a factory and stand in the same spot performing his stage of assembly all day. The work was mindless drone work but it was work. Today the options are starbucks or home depot for 1/4 of what the factory jobs pay. Could you get up every morning and go to one of those jobs?
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse