The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Saturday May 3, 2014 at 12:48
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 3, 2014 at 02:25, bcf1963 said...
So how many days a year of pain is $50 worth?

Exactly.

On May 2, 2014 at 23:32, Fins said...
I rarely encounter concrete, it doesn't make sense to buy a mat.

Ding ding ding! Another person given the exactly right answer objects to it!

When I started installation, my only drill was wall-powered. I soon bought a Makita; back then even a 12V was an incredible tool. Imagine me saying that I hated dragging the extension cord around all over the job, someone telling me to get a rechargeable, then me having some kind of objection to it.

But, this job is a commercial project with a kitchen.

Most commercial jobs are on concrete floors. Do what you need to do to be comfortable. I tell beginning installers that they must make the work situation adapt to their comfort if it's at all possible; they'll be able to work longer and will be happier at the end of the day. If they are standing on their head to install connectors, I tell them to pull the wires up (if they can) so they can get comfortable. There's no point doing anything on the scale that ends with killing yourself just to get this work done. Get a mat.

Today I thought about stealing a mat out of the kitchen until I finish.

I know you're not being literal, but this tells me you don't have any kind of personal relationship with the restaurant management. I've never needed to ask for a mat but every restaurant I've worked in, they'd be happy to help with my comfort.

Monday I may see if there is one I can take that won't be missed. By 5:00 I feel like I've been sitting on a rock in by right back pocket

Yeah, ask. When you do that day after day, you recover less and less and end up with pain or irritation that stays with you.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse