The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday May 1, 2014 at 22:41
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I love that Duct Tape asked for the codes to be shared. That's one of the best things about this site and always has been.

So, just to have a part in this...
I just turned this into a Pronto ccf and I'll send it to Daniel for placement on the site, or to whoever asks for it, when I've finished the editing. This post is about the editing.

I'm sorry if a ccf is a problem for you and you'd rather have it as, say, an RTI file. ccfs are available to everyone and I'm sharing, so that's my choice.

Now that I've looked at the set of commands closely, I wonder some things. Keep in mind that I don't know diddley about the product. I'm just looking at a set of codes. And I don't know enough about command structures to recognize anything in the commands.

1.The first two commands are ALL relays this and that, but the others are all Relay 1. Does this product only have one relay? Is there a version with other relay numbers and thus other commands?

2.A couple of the titles have commas; I suppose they should be periods but I didn't change them. Let me know.

3.The commands are not all the same length. Are you sure they all work?

Just for the heck of it, what do the command names mean? I mean, does

R1 MOM. OPEN 100MS

mean that if the relay is closed, this will open it for 100 milliseconds? Do the MOM. CLOSE commands mean that if the relay is open, they will close it for the time shown?

Thanks.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse