The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday April 30, 2014 at 22:02
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 29, 2014 at 12:24, Ernie Gilman said...
We sold and installed two Denon DBP1611s back in mid 2011. The client has called to say that the power buttons are blinking on both units. I had him hold down the power button for ten seconds, sort of magically thinking that this might make a difference. It didn't.

I don't think he's unplugged the units, but that's an unacceptable "solution" as it's kinda hard for him to get out of the wheelchair, crawl around, then climb back up.

Have you seen this problem on this model? Are there solutions other than the trash can? Do you need more detail? I'm going there in a few hours and can check out other details you might know about.

Thanks in advance!

Did anyone verify the electrical service at this location? Hot/neutral reversed, low voltage, lifted neutral.....

After the comment about brownouts every day, maybe you could try a basic battery backup? I use Minuteman for a lot of devices that I don't want to lose power and have had zero problems. One client was in their office writing a guest list for a wedding during a bad thunderstorm and at one point, lightning struck very close to their house, the power went out and he said, "Well, that just paid for itself".
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse