Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Saturday April 26, 2014 at 19:00
mcn779
February 2003
Mid 70s a Marantz 2270 with my Dad's KLHs than I added a Technics SL1600. I don't remember what I replaced the KLHs with.

My first car system was a Blaupunkt Cassette head unit when everyone else had 8 tracks. My next door neighbor was the Blaupunkt/NGK rep in the south east. I had to cut up the metal dash on my 69 Cutlass Supreme convertible to get the head unit to work. Mount some 6x9 in the truck firing forward and an amp.

My first album Santana Abraxas. I'm surprised I didn't wear the grooves through the album.

The next door neighbor had some amazing cars. One of the first 240z in Atlanta. Lowered, with triple Solexs, for all intent and purpose it was track ready. He sold that and had a 280SL Benz, Lotus Europa, a Ferrari 365GTB convertible (that was hot), and finally a Pantera. I forgot somewhere in that mix he had a Volkswagon Rabbit and a Chevy Vega. He Huck Finned me into helping him replace the "stock" intake manifold, carburetor and imagination with and Edelbrock manifold, Holley carb and Excel electronic ignition. He had 60s on the front and 50s on the back.

How he fit into any of these was beyond me. He was about 5'6" by 5'6". His wife was a platinum blond with a grocery bag face but amazing body that liked to sun tan in the nude. You went into their house and over the fireplace was a nude portrait of her.

Hosting Services by ipHouse