Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday December 13, 2000 at 20:31
Will Cunningham
Historic Forum Post
I have not given up on the T2, I have grown more and more attached to it as time goes on. I definately like it more than the Pronto and don't think I would switch back. It has some awesome macro abilities, double click detection for example, that the pronto can't match. The hands down winning feature is having hard buttons as well as touch screen buttons.

It took a long time, but I got sick of looking at the screen to control my equipment. My TiVo was the device that pushed me over the edge. Having hard buttons for the cursor control makes a huge difference in my how much I enjoy using my TiVo.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Pronto is a great remote. I think it is particularly good in situations where non-technical people will be using the system it controls. The ability to add help screens with descriptive text is a great feature of the pronto. Very descriptive button labels is a big plus too.

I think if I were to do it all again I wouuld have to look very closely at the Home Theater Master MX-1000. It looks like it may have the best of both worlds. I do wonder how well it would survive the fall to the floor. Both the Pronto and the T2 have survived many drops to my concrete floor.

I want to fix my Pronto mostly because it seems like a huge waste to have it non-functional. :) I figure I can give it to my parents or one of my friends and find it a nice home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse