The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Friday April 25, 2014 at 04:14
pilgram
Loyal Member
November 2004
By the time I was 12, I had mastered the art of mowing yards in an efficient manner and covered the entire neighborhood(22 yards at $5 each)weekly all summer and made some "big bucks"!

The local stereo store had a sale so I rode my bike down there and bought a couple things.

Pioneer SX-737 receiver,Pioneer turntable....I think it was a PL-115d?.
Then I ordered some drivers from Speakerlab,built the cabinets out of plywood to spec,and the game was on!!

A pioneer CTF-850 cassette came a couple years later so I could record my albums and play them in my new found love......MY TRUCK!!( I had a "farm permit" and could legally drive at 14!)

That's when things got interesting. It was 1976 and I wanted the same imaging and sound in my "72 Chevy pickup" that I had at home!

By '77 I had pulled it off with a combination of car audio speakers,proper placement of the drivers through experimentation/fabrication,a couple tweeters and woofers from Speakerlab,a boatload of caps,coils,and plywood to experiment and make everything sound right,and a ton of driveway time!

I also moved the gas tank from the cab to under the bed to make room for the woofers behind the seat.

Looking back,it's easy for me to see why I'm where I am now......I wish i had been interested in finance,imports,or something that made a ton of money ;-)
Every day is a good day.......some are just better than others!

Proud to say that my property is protected by a high speed wireless device!

Hosting Services by ipHouse