Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Tuesday April 22, 2014 at 17:56
FP Crazy
June 2003
I have no earthly idea the brand of our first stereo...circa 1963, playing Elvis, Buddy Holly, and then 1964/1965 B.I. hit and it was the Yardbirds, Dave Clark Five, Stones and Beatles, along with The Beach Boys.

But in 1967, my Mom bought a Montgomery Ward portable stereo record player, that would fold up into a suitcase. Speakers were detachable. Crummy... but it played in stereo and I used to lay on the floor with one speaker on each side of my head. Lots of Beatles, Jimi, Kinks, Steppenwolf, etc

When my Mom remarried in 1968, my step dad had a real nice Fisher 2x35 watt stereo receiver, Koss headphones, United Audio Turntable with a Shure cartridge and JBL speakers. Man, I was in heaven. My step dad took what was a fledgling addiction and threw me head first into the audiophile fire. He helped me build my first Heathkit Integrated Amplifier in 1970 (possibly so he could regain use of his Fisher).

I eventually blew up my Heathkit in high school and cobbled on again to his Fisher.

My first real stereo was in 1976 (out of high school). Mitsubishi dual monaural preamp, Son of Ampzilla amplifier, Klipsch Heresy speakers, JVC direct drive turntable, Micro Acoustics cartridge, JVC Cassette deck, Sony FM tuner. That was back in the day when JVC made pretty good stuff (mid to late 70s).

Of course what I have now smokes all of that. I can brown out the entire neighborhood with my set up now. ;)
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse