The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday April 22, 2014 at 16:48
bluesmaker
Long Time Member
November 2007
In 1971 I was in South East Asia(Thailand/Viet Nam). I was 19. I bought a Kenwood KR 6170 Stereo amp (had guitar input, mic input, and a rythum composer with reverb), a Pair of Sansui speakers and a Sony reel to reel tape deck (it had a built in amp and speakers and could play stand alone). Garrard turntable, a real POS. I gave all this to my best friend when I left for my second tour in SEA in 1972 ( didn't know if I'd be returning). This time I bought and brought back home a Sansui 4 channel amp, Sansui 4 channel reel to reel tape deck, Sansui 4 channel turntable and 4 AR speakers. The four channel was cool but you had to have Quadraphonic records (very limited avalibility) to decode to 4 channel. It would play 2 channel records but it was just dual stereo out. After a couple of years 2 channels kept going out and the factory repair sucked (never really worked right again). So I traded the system for a running and driving 1969 Triumph GT6+. The car was a blast. It was called a poor mans Jag. I now have the real deal, an 1969 Jaguar XKE. I still have some of the Quadraphonic records. I miss those days......

Hosting Services by ipHouse