Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday April 15, 2014 at 14:57
2nd rick
August 2002
On April 15, 2014 at 14:33, Mr. Stanley said...
I respect you Rick, and I'm sure Greg is a great guy and all. I'll look forward to hearing them in an actual real-life install.

Thanks.

You will probably like Greg too. He's odd. Like us. :)

Someone on the comments section mentioned that the line is not very deep, meaning that he does not have a Sonance-like array of 4", 5", 6", rounds in all sizes, squares in all sizes, 2-way rectangles in all sizes, dual-mono in all sizes, MTM LCRs in all sizes, etc....

That *IS* a valid criticism of the line, and one of few valid criticisms IMO.

Greg once told me WHY this is the case.
He flat out refuses to release a dozen different application models unless they can be voiced to offer dead on performance compared to the reference models, and that includes off-axis performance so that they still sound similar once the room acoustics are factored in.

Who else cares THAT much about the 'family sound' in an architectural speaker line? There are some others, but we know that you can count those people on one hand.

He said something about wide variances in comb-filtering aberrations in the other sizes of MTMs that were designed and mocked up, and just not being up to his standards.

Bruce, as a fellow designer of speakers who has been neck deep in actual product development scenarios like this, I know you can appreciate stories like these.
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse