The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday April 10, 2014 at 15:57
haworld
Long Time Member
August 2012
I cannot speak to whether or not the TSU7000 is good or bad, as I do not know the remote.  But I am a home automation retailer and sell everything you just mentioned.  For you as an apartment dweller, the tech that is easily expandable and easiest to use along with reliable is either Insteon or Z-Wave.  Both are wireless RF and Insteon is also PLC as well.  You can get a battery operated wireless controller for either system and use it to control as many switches, plug-in modules, thermostats, door locks, whatever you want and then expand into a more permanent controller that plugs into your home network wirelessly later.  Or you can do that now!  Whatever you want to do can be done now.

It is quite affordable too, you could get a remote for about $50 that can control all 3-5 switches at once or individually, each one costing less than $38-$39 each.  IMO it is really very affordable for what you are trying to do.  Later on, most controllers can easily be matched with an iPhone or Android app for free that allows total control of your entire system.

I use my Android every day whether I am home or in the office, even away to control and keep tabs on my system.  And when I am at home I just programmed everything into a universal remote so I can also use my A/V HDTV/DVD/Cable box all with one remote that does my lighting too.  I spent maybe $3-400 total for everything!

Hope that helps!

Hosting Services by ipHouse