The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday April 9, 2014 at 22:45
Munson
Long Time Member
January 2003
I have a client that has asked me to research options for gate control. They have a current setup that they are not happy with.

The current set up runs on a phone line dedicated to the gate. It has access via a key for emergency vehicles. RF to automatically open gate when family drives up to gate. Multiple driveway sensors to open gate when exiting. It dial multiple predetermined phone numbers. There are multiple gates at multiple properties.

Currently to change any settings the gate company has to remote in with modem over the phone line. The client would like something IP based to make changes.

The client has been pressuring the gate company for 2-3 years to give options but they have not come up with any options. They have asked me to see what I can come up with. I will be researching online and contacting some of my rep's but thought I would ask here first.

There are Cat5 wires run to each gate, but the distances are too long for network, between 600-1200 feet. There is fiber run to the gates. To start there will be 3 gates at three different properties, and there may be more in the future.

Hosting Services by ipHouse