Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday April 8, 2014 at 20:32
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
I'm installing a Casatunes CT8. One of the outputs will be connected to the CD input on the Marantz SR5008 which will run a living surround sound system and allow it to be used as one of the zones in Casatunes. Casatunes has two analogue inputs. My plan was to use the cable box in the living room system (connected to the SR5008 via HDMI) and feed it's analogue outputs into Casatunes. Casatunes uses IP control to turn on the receiver and select the input, in this case the CD input. I would like for the customer to be able to turn on the TV and change the cable box channel. This is the reason I would like video from the cable box to be shared with the CD input using Video Select.

Basically exactly what you said, iimig.

Radiorhea, I havn't promised this would work to the customer. I'm pre-planning before I open my mouth. Thanks for the heads up on poss not working with HDMI.

Thanks for your help.

Craig

PS for what it's worth I don't even know if I need this. All of the customer's favorite channels will be on a favourites page on the remote for the living room including a page dedicated to the digital music stations. If he wants to change a Chanel he can grab the remote and choose one without the tv being on. I'm just exploring my options.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse