The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Sunday April 6, 2014 at 18:53
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On April 6, 2014 at 12:12, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
Yelp is not the only place for the "stacked" reviews.

Angie's list can be be a real bad place for that sort of stuff. Probably the worst, since a bad review tends to get buried. Sometimes never to be seen.

I hired, and fired, a tile setter using Angie's list. Rave reviews for someone that was the most unreliable person I've ever seen in the construction business.

Work was passable at best, and I ended up doing most of the job myself.

When I leave a review for a business on Yelp, I always mention that it's "in my opinion".

Sorry to hear of your "Shady tree mechanic" experience Stanley. Lot's of that in the auto mechanic world (much like in every other business).

Reviews absolutely do not get buried on AL. They are usually front and center and most clients will filter by f's then go back to the As (at least talking with clients that chose us based on reviews) However with the F's you can start to see the consistency of them and usually there is always a common theme with them...In my case i have 7 F's, all due to the "big deal" due to asshats not being able to read the fine print or upset that we would of charged more due to circumstances that were beyond our control..common theme, NONE OF THEM HAD THE WORK DONE. fortunately that stuff only counts 1/5th of a review with "work completed" so it doesn't hurt much. still annoying to have them though.

I have started to see a theme though with AL in the last couple months that is concerning me greatly. Basically people can get a free membership for a year with all of the advertising they are doing and coupon codes. The quality of the leads has diminished greatly to the point that I now have to really start to pre-qualify the leads that come off of there now :( much much more tire kickers then their has been before..

As of i know i cannot recommend Al anymore...My renewal is up in a few months and im thinking about cancelling it if better leads dont start to come back
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse