The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday April 6, 2014 at 00:37
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
Best thing to do is actually read the reviews. Don't just look at the first page and don't go by the rating. Some of the reviews will be 1 star with stuff like "the company was incredible, they did a great job, the price was very low and one of their employees saved my life when i started having a heart attack at their shop. The only reason i am giving them 1 star is because they kept playing the pina colada song over and over in the waiting room"

Ignore anything thats like "they were so great i will give them all my business". This is usually BS purchased or begged reviews from family and friends. Look for reviews that talk about what they did like "they fixed my transmission in 1 day and only charged me for 1 hour because it went easier than expected".

I can totally relate with the classic car scenario. I took my car to a guy i found online when i first got it. When i drove into his shop it was a weekend and his shop had a dozen cars being worked on. There was only 1 guy there and i assumed it was because they were usually closed on the weekend. Turns out that there was only one owner/mechanic/employee and it was the same guy. He took forever. When i moved i found a place near my new house via facebook. This place is the real deal. I needed to get my car windows repaired (again). The car was ready a couple of days later. I did the whole thing over the phone while out of town. I called them up, they sent out a covered trailer to pick up my car, they fixed it, took payment over the phone and delivered the car. When the guy brought the car back there was a foot of snow in the driveway. The driver hopped out and took the shovel from my girlfriend and cleared the entire driveway for her.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse