The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday April 5, 2014 at 13:51
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 5, 2014 at 13:38, WhiteVan Lifestyle said...
The model I'm considering is
Current Audio FIT654FL [Link: currentaudio.com]

I'm looking for something to pair with a Marantz Receiver that will have the ability to match up for warm full sounding music and impactful theater given the parameters.
Again your basic in-ceiling living room system but stepping it up a half of a notch.
I'm shopping blind when it comes to these speakers so every opinion matters.

Thank you Highfigh

I didn't use that model, but as I wrote, I prefer textile dome tweeters and a slightly muted high end from behind. The rears shouldn't be doing >20K for rear fill, anyway- reverberant sound has naturally attenuated highs. For DA response, if they'll be used for that too, you might drop the level one notch and if it works, great. I suspect they'll warm up a bit over time, too.

When I first heard their speakers, the demo was in less than optimum conditions, but they still sounded good enough that I gave them a shot and I don't regret it. I paired them with Artison Maestro fronts and they blend well.

I don't rely on ceiling speakers to do great for bass, but these were decent. This is the compromise people need to accept unless they want to spend a lot on rear speakers or bite the bullet and use the same speakers throughout, so the voicing is more even.

Are you using all in-ceiling, or stand-alone speakers for the front?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse