Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday April 2, 2014 at 18:48
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Yes I said it wrong. My bad. You understood it fine. We are using a C4 remote upstairs as well, and I CAN map the back button to the blue button, but I know this client would surely ask me why the blue button does not work any longer (actually it would emit both codes, so I would actually just replace the "blue" command with the "back" command in the driver). :) So for that reason, I removed the Exit command from the Cancel button and replaced it with the Back command.

My suggestion for DirecTV would be to use the same GUI on all your boxes! I understand that since the RC71 will not control HR24 via RF, and the RC6x remotes have the color buttons, that you might as well have functions for those buttons to do. But since you changed it on the Genies, and the buttons that now control what the color buttons used to control exist on the RC6x remotes as well, I think it makes more sense to unify the UI across all devices and have 4 useless buttons on the remote, than to have 2 different methods to do the same thing on different receivers.

Rant over. :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse