The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday April 2, 2014 at 14:46
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Have you tried using the left cursor button as a Back button? I think I was looking at an RC71 once and I figured that must be the Back button now. Of course, this occurred to me after I wrote all this stuff:

I misunderstood your problem a moment ago and I went through the logic that would have you put the Back command on the Blue button. That should work.

So what's the problem upstairs? If the upstairs remote (totally assuming it's a C4 remote; you don't say) has the Back command mapped to the blue button,* it should work properly. I cannot remember when I've EVER pressed the blue button; the worst it will be is that you cannot perform that rare blue button function.

If you're using the RC71 upstairs, then yeah, you have no blue button and no Back button, which is dumb. If you want the Back button upstairs and you're not using a C4 remote, use an older DirecTV remote on the Hr24. Then you'll have a Back button.

*you say you want to "map the blue button to the 'back' command. I take it you mean "map the 'back' command to the blue button." The movable item is mapped to the target, so the command is mapped to the button, not the other way around.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse