The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday April 2, 2014 at 14:24
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
This is great, but it really frosts me when people who write this stuff, from the software to the article, don't write what really happens.

When I open google maps on my desktop and type in an address, I get a bar titled "Explore this area." Under that are more entries, being "Search nearby (dot) fast food restaurants (dot) pizza restaurants." The words "Search nearby" are there, but it's named "Explore this area.."

On my Samsung S4, when I click on Search, I get the last two addresses I searched for, then "Explore nearby."

So neither device has a feature named "Search nearby," and the name isn't even the same on the two implementations of their software.

WTF? Why is it that people who write about this stuff don't call it what it is? Why is it that when I make a typo on a URL, the computer doesn't figure out what I meant, but the bozos at google and the bozo who wrote the article doesn't call it what it is?

I ran into a similar problem yesterday at an RTI training. We were given a five page instruction sheet telling us how to log into the distributor's wifi system using Windows 7. Four or five of the windows that came up had titles different from the screen captures in the instructions! Damn!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse