Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday April 2, 2014 at 14:18
Audiophiliac
August 2006
So I am digging this thread up to add another item of issue. I am at a project now where the client has an HR44 Genie and a HR24 DVR. We are using Control4 for control. We ran into an issue with the IP driver and the Genie where the client HAD TO HAVE the "back" button. She uses it all the time. So seeing how the red, green, blue, and yellow buttons are no longer used on the HR44, I was easily able to map the Blue button on the C4 remote to the "back" command on the DirecTV driver. She is happy with that.

The problem? The HR24 upstairs still has the red, green, yellow, and blue functions so I cannot map the blue button to the "back" command here. The stupid thing is that although the RC71 will control the HR24 via IR, the GUI still shows the color icons, yet the remote has no such buttons.

Hahaha! Thank you DirecTV for updating the GUI and remote, but only making it annoyingly backwards compatible with your other products. Brilliant. I know...I know....first world problems. But who is designing these things?
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse