The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday April 1, 2014 at 13:05
rbpeirce
Lurking Member
April 2014
Long topic but I am using the 880 to control a Panasonic plasma TV, Denon AVR, Denon DVD and DTV C41. All but the TV are on an IR repeater that goes into a Buffalo R-100 block. Output has two emitters on each line and the emitters are taped to the device with black electrician's tape. I am a complete IR novice which is why I spelled all this out. My problem could be anywhere.

The problem is the C41 ALWAYS works if I point the 880 directly at it. It sometimes works if I point the 880 at the IR transmitter that is taped to the TV. Everything else seems always to work, including turning the appropriate devices off and on for watching TV or watching DVD. The signal is getting through as reflected by signal lights on the transmitter and the R-100.

Part of the problem may be the IR receiver on the C41. I have been told that the receiver is behind the small window toward the left side of the unit, but it doesn't work for me. Holding the remote against the C41 and moving it right and left I was able to determine the point where it seemed to work best (or at all) and I taped the emitter there. However, that could be wrong.

The fact that everything else works over the repeater but the C41 has led me to the possibly erroneous conclusion that the C41 requires a little more "juice" than the average device and the 880, which is fully charged, doesn't have enough kick. It is also possible the Buffalo R-100, which I assume acts as some kind of amplifier, doesn't boost the signal enough or may even attenuate it!

Any ideas?

Hosting Services by ipHouse