Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday March 31, 2014 at 19:08
bcf1963
September 2004
On March 31, 2014 at 13:19, Ernie Gilman said...
edit: this isn't the behavior I was referring to. I'll be editing a Word document and I move the cursor down near the last few lines in the document. I have not moved the cursor onto the taskbar. Suddenly one or several small windows pop up, related to the icons in the taskbar, and covering the place I'm trying to edit. The page must then be scrolled so the cursor can hover where I want to edit, while not making those windows pop up.

Ernie,

Did you read past the first paragraph of the link I gave you? How about this section toward the bottom of that link; "If you want to disable Aero Peek on everything, including the taskbar thumbnails, you’ll need to head into System Properties in Control Panel (search for “View advanced system settings”), and then remove the checkbox from Aero Peek there:"

This shows you how to disable the thumbnails from popping up when you mouse over them in the taskbar, which is exactly what it seems to me you are trying to do. These are features of Aero, so yes, if you choose a non-Aero theme, you won't get these features, but that is sort of "Throwing the baby out with the bathwater."

Hosting Services by ipHouse