The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 31, 2014 at 12:47
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
There's a video at [Link: windows.microsoft.com] that shows exactly my issue.

The video shows that you can set up the icons for open files to either group together when several files are open in a program, or not group them together. The video shows the behavior that I want to change but doesn't even mention it.

I've got a desktop and a laptop with Windows 7. The laptop drives me nuts because whenever I move the cursor down near the bottom of the screen, icons for the open programs pop up. It's impossible to go to the bottom line on the screen and edit, because those icons pop up, covering the place I want to edit.

The desktop doesn't do this and while the video I refer do shows it happening, and the video is about the appearance of the taskbar, it doesn't even mention it.

Anybody know how to modify the taskbar behavior so those icons don't pop up?

A greater help would be to give me some idea how to find such instructions when I don't know what Windows calls them!

Thanks so much!

...and now, what the heck: I just checked how this operates and I have to actually place the cursor on the taskbar to get those icons to open, while I've spent time cursing that they open when the curso is a half inch above them. Gotta love them computers!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse